Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Recovering Stolen Things

The Borger Police Department called me this afternoon and asked me to come in and identify stolen property.  I was so excited.  One officer had told me they'd recovered a hard drive and that was what I was most excited about!  This hard drive contains page after page of information from our food & clothing ministry.  It's information we have to turn in each year to the food bank...and information we use to receive grants from United Way.  It's just a ton of work.  And by the way, it's not work I've done, but what a volunteer, Janice Williams, has done.  We were praying to recover that hard drive.
But it wasn't there.  Gas cards were there (minus three of them), an old outdated Visa card was there, frozen food was there---but no hard drive and no monitor.  I'm so sad.  

4 comments:

TheShermanFam said...

Well...can they ask the theives where it is? Would that be possible??
I know that has to be a HUGE pain! And I am sooo, soo sorry it wasn't there. :(

Ilene said...

We will just need to keep praying, and we will!

Becky thank you so much for your prayer for Robert. That was my prayer as I was writing the blog this morning. Seeing your prayer bought tears to my eyes. Thank you

Emily Suzanne said...

I'm amazed that they ever recover stolen things... crazy.
Sorry about your hard drive! I can't imagine how hard it is to try and get things together again :(

Alissa said...

hi becky,

i stumbled across your blog! good to "see" you in the blogging world. what an answer to prayer to recover those things!

praying the Lord will give you ease in replacing the lost files,

alissa