Thursday, September 25, 2008

Kickin' Butt

Sorry if I offended you with the title of my post, but...it could have been worse! I've laughed all morning. I've learned that the people we help on a regular basis here at Living Water are extremely loyal to us and defensive for us. I had a "lady" I'll call Carol that called me this morning. She says the word on the street is a man is back in town who robs churches. He was here a year ago when churches were being robbed...and now he's back. She knew his name, where he's staying---and was on her way out the door to go "kick his butt!!" (And that's not what she really said!) I calmed her down and told her I'd give the info to the police and we should let them do their job.
The story goes that another "lady" came to Carol's house last night and was plastered (or really drunk, for all you sweet peas) and started yielding all this info. Carol literally picked up this lady and carried her home---which just shows you Carol is capable of kickin' butt!
I just think it's awesome that so many people we help on a regular basis here at Living Water have called and wanted to come help clean up, find the stolen goods, or....go "kick butt!!" These are serious supporters!!

1 comment:

TheShermanFam said...

HA! I think that is so funny! And pretty cool that they care so much about LW...They've taken ownership :)
Sorry I had to bail on you today...but I am finally feeling normal again!!