Friday, September 12, 2008

Online banking

Are any of you online banking geeks? I no longer wait for my hard copy banking statement to come in the mail. I balance my account about once a week. This is a miracle! I used to hate balancing---and it caused a few problems---ok, a lot of problems. And when I had to wait a month to do it, those missing pennies would drive me nuts!! I have to have it come out exactly to the penny....I'm pretty compulsive that way. (I honestly had no idea how compulsive I really was til I started blogging---and all this stuff just started coming out!)
In fact, I've found the checking-to-savings-transfer online and it's given me new vision and hope! I may actually have money saved by Christmas. WOW!
But this morning, I went online for my usual run and found a transaction missing!! Where's all my SAVINGS??? I've been so proud of my savings....and it was one transaction short. I got on the phone and called my local banker and....it just didn't get transferred. At least it's still in the checking account. I would have really flipped out if it was just GONE. I just hope that when Christmas comes around I'm willing to take that money out of savings. You know how much I like visual rewards!!
But the most amazing thing is that Andy & I had just gotten back from Subway where we'd eaten lunch----and that transaction was already online! Man! Amazing. I love online banking. Just wish they'd had it years ago. Could've saved me a lot of problems.

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

At least you use it to balance your checkbook. We haven't balanced our account in 6 years! That's the only way we have avoided problems! We are thankful for online banking too...just not in the same way. LOL

Anonymous said...

I used to do our finances..BIG mistake..I am allergic to the work BUDGET!! (Side note: We are doing FPU at church and I think I am going to have a BIG reality check coming!!) Anywho...the one thing I did well was balance our checkbook...I did it daily online. And now that David has taken over our finances, he does the same...it is so awesome knowing on a daily basis EXACTLY how much money we have!!

Lissa Anglin said...

We do everything online. Pay bills, balance accounts, transfers, etc...my husband who works at the bank makes sure of it! In fact, we have to be on alert if we write a check- debit cards keep us up-to-date, and we earn points that way!

Mendi said...

We are online banking addicts too! We love it! We also really enjoyed FPU.

Anonymous said...

You are funny! I love reading your thoughts. You are like an open book.

Ilene said...

Hello Becky. You are so funny. It is amazing how helpful this tech stuff is.

Thank you for your help today. It was great chatting with your fam.

TheShermanFam said...

Oh yeah, LOOOOOVE me some online banking! I do EVERYTHING on line...technology is amazinng!!:D