Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our REAL Anniversary Trip

Ok....Andy & I only told our other kids that we were going to Lubbock for our anniversary. We didn't want them to be jealous. But actually, we met at Zach & Shanna's and made a run for Cancun for a quick weekend. What a blast!!! We felt like honeymooners again---hanging out with near-honeymooners themselves.



We got a random person to take our picture in front of the sign when we entered Cancun. We knew we'd need proof that we'd been there. I wish you could have seen the water---it was crystal clear---so amazing. You would have loved seeing Andy in his swimsuit. As you can tell, Shanna freezes everywhere! But I couldn't believe it when she was wearing a jacket at Cancun!! But we were having so much fun, I forgot to take alot of pictures.



When we got there, Shanna was determined to go square dancing. So she brought along her outfit so she could find a place to do that very thing. She also got Zach a matching shirt and bolo tie so that everyone would know that they were together and belonged solely to one another for the dances. But Zach wouldn't let me take his picture with her. Zach also had a cowboy hat, so I'm sure that's part of the reason he wouldn't let me take his picture. (It was so sweet to see what a new husband was willing to do for his bride who gave "that look" that talked him into square dancing!!) But look at Shanna----she didn't care---she was ready to go dancing!

Anyway, we had a wonderful 33rd anniversary. Thanks for the trip to Cancun, Zach & Shanna. It was awesome!!
(Ok...we really went to Lubbock, ate at Cancun, and Andy didn't have on a swimsuit. Shanna is wearing the square dancing outfit for Halloween at work and Zach did NOT dress up! A girl can dream.....)

12 comments:

Tammy said...

You had me going. I was thinking - WOW! how spur of the moment are these people. hahahaha I think ya'll are a family that looks like you have fun no matter where you are. Happiest of Anniversaries to you! It just keeps getting better doesn't it? We had our 31st this year.

As We Are said...

This is so funny! I totally was believing you.

Sewn Together said...

I buying it for a minute but then I thought - Cancun looks kind of familiar and then at the end I shook my finger and you and realized you were across from Lake Dillards!!!

Sewn Together said...

Wow - I really cannot spell or type tonight! Just disregard the grammar errors please!

Sandra said...

Looks like fun! Happy anniversary!

amy wright said...

Didn't believe it for a second. :)
But I sure do like the picture of you and Dad.

Lindsey said...

Ok, I was really mad at ya'll for a second. I thought, "How could she lie like that?!" LOL Anyway, the pic of you and Andy looks great, and if ya'll ever decide to really go to Cancun, we'll totally go with ya! Love you!

TheShermanFam said...

I didn't belive you for a second, either! The pic of Shanna gave it away...Are we supposed to believe that the background was your Cancun hotel?? AND that you forgot to take pictures, with your brand new camera...the one you've been so excited to have that you've taken pictures of pictures and some mums??!! C'mon!!
Thanks for the laugh!! You are a NUT!!!!

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

guess Amy and I know you too well. I didn't believe it for a minute. But I will believe it when you get on a plane in a a few weeks to go to Florida to see babies!!

Ilene said...

Happy Anniversary! 33 years! Wow! What an awesome example you set for the rest of us. So did Andy marry you when you were 12?

amy wright said...

Oh, good one Ilene!! :)

Kara said...

HA HA HA you so had me but then I was like well where are the beach pictures??!! HA!! I love it. Happy Anniversary.