Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You've gotta do this!

When I started my blog, I asked my computer-genius son to give me a code to count everyone who came to my site. (I'm all about visible reward!) And he did. It's not just a counter, it's so, so much more! In fact, last night, I told Tamra that I've had several blog stalkers coming to my blog from her blog---this stat counter does all that! It gives you a map of the world to see where everyone lives who has come to your site. You can go to this site daily and see how many have visited, where they're from, whose blog they visited before coming to yours, etc. It doesn't give you their identity, but it does show you their computer server. You're going to LOVE it! It's so much fun. I stay logged into it and cruise by and see what's going on every once in awhile! I don't think Tamra had any idea she was being stalked so much!
So....here are the instructions:
1. Go to http://www.statcounter.com
2. You'll need to set up an account. It says there are 4 easy steps in setting this up. (Mine was even easier---David did it for me!!) At the end, it will give you a code for your website. Copy that.
3. Go to "customize" on your blog.
4. Go to "layout."
5. Click on "Add a Gadget."
6. Scroll down and click on "HTML/JavaScript."
7. Insert your saved code in this box.
8. Click on "Save."
There you go! You'll have a counter on your blogsite. But in order to see all your information, you'll have to go to http://www.statcounter.com and log in. When you do, go to Project Name which is blogspot on mine. When you get there, look at all the statistics on the left and start clicking! This is so much FUN!!!
**And don't worry all you Blog-Stalkers---you're SAFE! We still don't know who you are!!!**

5 comments:

Sewn Together said...

I thought my cover might have been blown for a minute! ha!
I have started a blog - there's just nothing on it yet.

As We Are said...

Thanks for the instructions. I did it and can't wait to watch! So fun!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Thanks for the info. You are too funny.

amy wright said...

I added it. It's funny because I was going back and forth between the stat page and my page checking something and kept getting excited when I saw another visitor. Then...I realized that the visitor was me. Ha!

Sewn Together said...

oh - sorry - that might help! :) yes, it's Mindy! Maybe I'll start blogging soon instead of stalking!