Saturday, September 6, 2008

Andy's birthday

Monday is Andy's birthday. (yeah, Phil's too---7 minutes' difference) This morning Jodina called and wanted to have us and some other friends over tonight to christen their new outdoor kitchen, which is FABULOUS, by the way. I told her I'd bring a birthday cake for Andy. Now I'm up to my elbows with ice cream, too.
It's so funny the older you get, the less you care about birthdays! Some people stress over certain ages, but it's never bothered me. It's just another day, in my opinion. Plus...Andy is almost 6 years older than me (please don't tell me how shocked you are!), so by the time I get there, it just isn't as painful.
We don't even care about gifts anymore. (Although Andy did mention he saw some steam cleaner thing for grills that has piqued his interest!) I mean, I already have everything I want. In fact, I'm telling my kids this year that all I want for Christmas is an 8x10 photo of their family. I don't even care if it's one they've taken themselves! I am finally motivated to get my photo screen filled up!! (There's also a smaller space for each grandkid to have 2 photos each--hint, hint, Amy & Lindsey)
Anyway, happy 58th birthday, Andy. That age looks great on you, babe!! (I got him some Charmin---what more could he want?!?)

6 comments:

amy wright said...

How was the dinner?? Did he like his t.p.?
Also, what do you want?? An 8x10 of our family and 2 4x6 of each kid??

Becky Dietz said...

He DID like his t.p.! You knew he would! The dinner was GREAT. The Plumley's, Smiths, Holts & Gillmans were there. Fun times and great food!
I want an 8x10 of the family. I need to let you know the size and direction of the other pics. Some are 5x7 and then 4x6. Some are horizontal and some vertical. I'll let you know.

Lindsey said...

So, that's what the Charmin was for!?! I was shocked that you had new t.p. I would LOVE to get you some pics. I'd love to have some for myself. I can't get them to load on Snapfish. I think the files are too big. :(

Sandra said...

Okay, there has to be a story to that...t.p. for his birthday? LOL!

Becky Dietz said...

Andy made a comment while we were at Amy's about her Charmin toilet tissue. He loved it! And he said, "But mom will never get the good stuff." So...I did! For his birthday.

Sandra said...

ROFL!