Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dancing

A dear friend came by to see me today. She knew I was struggling (since I shared it with my life group, of which she is a part). She's struggled herself in the past few years...she lost her husband. She'd told me a story a couple of years ago of her sweet husband before he died. He knew he was dying and they were at a wedding. He asked her to dance. She thinks now that he knew it would be their last dance.
She encouraged me a couple of years ago to spend time "dancing" with my husband. But today, she came by to tell me that I needed to spend time dancing with God.
Immediately, a picture came to my mind. As a little girl, my daddy would let me step on his feet and we'd dance. It usually didn't last long (enough!), but he'd twirl me and we'd laugh. I absolutely LOVED it! I think that's why I love to dance with my grandchildren and twirl them---I remember that feeling. I felt special. I felt loved.
I agreed with my dear friend today. I told her I'd go dance with God.

1 comment:

Lissa Anglin said...

You may have heard this song, but I thought of it after reading your post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_4g8_e16dc

Not the coolest video, but the song is awesome- you have to hear the end!