Saturday, September 20, 2008

Eventful Day!







United Way has a service project once a year for the elderly. They can sign up to have someone come and do jobs that don't usually get done. Liz, Andy's mom, signed up this year to have a roof put on her patio and some yard work done. Of course, we signed up to help her. I took my trusty new camera to get some pics of what went on. We have some great people here in Borger who are so willing to help. And help they did!! You'll notice Tibby & Terry Rogers trimming trees (they trimmed every tree in her yard!), Robby & Tina Yarbrough helped put on the roof, as did Bobby McElreath. Kay McElreath and a woman named Mary did yard work---as did I. Liz spent the day trying to give people Raspberry tea and brownies, fudge and banana nut bread. It was quite a day---we're exhausted! Thank you, United Way and Volunteers! (Don't tell anyone that I used the word "elderly" in the same paragraph as Andy's mom!)

5 comments:

TheShermanFam said...

I'm printing this out and giving it to her at church tomorrow! HA!

You guys worked hard! I can't believe my dad has on long sleeves...???

Ilene said...

Great pictures Becky. You are doing great with your new toy:).

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

How neat. Wish I could have been there to help Mama.

Lindsey said...

I knew it! I knew she'd be feeding people all day long! I'm so glad you guys got to do all that work for her! I wish we could've been there.

Kara said...

Oh wow. What a neat day. Great pics Becky!!!