Monday, September 22, 2008

ROBBED!!!!

I got to work at 8:55 this morning at Living Water. Several people were waiting outside the door, so we all came in together. My mind was on helping all these people this morning. Then I stepped into my office and realized----WE'VE BEEN ROBBED!!!!
Stuff was everywhere. But I calmly (can you believe it?!?) walked over to my phone and dialed 911. I told the woman that answered that Living Water had been burglarized. Her response was, "Oh no." We're the 5th place in Borger to be hit. The other 4 were churches. Someone must be mad at God!
There was stuff EVERYWHERE! I sent everyone home and waited outside til the police arrived. He had me walk through with him to help him find where they gained entrance. It was the back door---which is steel! But they just jimmied the lock. Man! We were so easy to break into! Friday, I'd had this weird feeling and I'd locked the filing cabinet where our checks are kept and put the key in a new hiding place. They didn't need a key---they just ruined the filing cabinet. They stole a bunch of gas cards that I give for people to go to doctors in Amarillo. We made our way to the food room---and three freezers were still open! Jerks!! The least they could have done was close the doors. They stole quite a bit of chicken, of all things. Guess they weren't beef lovers, because it doesn't look like it was touched!
The policeman had me go with him to Toot 'N Totum. We had to take care of some business about the gas cards. Then he took me with him to the police station to fingerprint me!! ME!! They wanted to do comparison fingerprints with what they found in my office, he said. He also wanted a couple more people to come in and be printed. By the way, he told me I should not take up a life of crime because I have very distinct prints! ha!
I came back and the police packed up and left. Then I was left with the MESS!! I just stood and kept looking at it all. I couldn't figure out where to begin! So instead, I called Andy and asked him to bring me some lunch. ha! After I ate, I worked on cleaning everything up. Not just the burglar's mess---but the policemen had fingerprint dust everywhere! UGH! So I did it....one piece of paper at a time.
They stole the gas cards, an outdated debit card (HA!), a computer, a monitor, food....and I don't know what else yet. They ruined my filing cabinet and busted the door. I wish I'd brought my camera to work today so I would've had pictures to show you. But I'm glad it wasn't here to be stolen!
It's a little creepy being here by myself now.....

13 comments:

amy wright said...

That makes me so mad. I hope that it wasn't someone that Living Water had helped!
Isaac said, "That's not very nice. I'll just get it with my sword. Josiah, I've got to go save something. Josiah said, "What?" Isaac said, "Nothing, you don't talk about it. Somebody took something from Living Water and I have to save it!"
Now he is in here with his sword ready to get the "robin". Ha! And he is taking Josiah to see a "robin" in his "space book" (the face sticker book that you bought them at Target that has a robber face in it). I hope that gives you a laugh after a crazy day!

Rachel said...

I can't believe it...the nerve!!! We will be there in full armor to fight the mean "robin" for Isaac and Josiah's Gee. I am so sorry. We'll be praying they capture the bandits before another ministry gets robbed. Now let us all pray for those rotten non beef lovers. Seriously!!! We are glad you are safe.

Mendi said...

Oh Becky! That is terrible. I am so sorry.

Tammy said...

Becky, that is terrible. I am sorry also. What in the world is it that makes some people tick? How could they do something so destructive to a project that does so much good? O.K. I am not seeing any r & r here. You had a really busy weekend from what I read on your blog and then to have to work so hard and clean this up. You are a good woman!

TheShermanFam said...

LOSERS!!!! I know...that is probably not the right spirit...but that makes me sooo frustrated and angry! GRRRRR!
I hope you don't find anything else missing and I REALLY hope they catch them...
:(

Nick said...

How awful! Who would do such a thing? I am glad you are OK. I hope it doesn't take too long to get everything back in order!

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

Makes me think of the time someone was taking money from my parents at Unique. Do you remember who it ended up being?? HA! Hope you have a better week, and praying for peace as you are there along--I know that must be creepy!

Anonymous said...

What jerks! Did you know there has been a rash of purse thievery, too?? Last Sunday a fried of ours who goes to Word of God church had her purse stolen out of her vehicle while she was in church worshipping. The cop told her she was the SIXTH woman that morning who had her purse stolen out of her car while she was at church...don't leave your purse in your car! And apparently, you better bar all your doors!

Sandra said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad they weren't still in the building! I'll be praying that God replaces everything abundantly, and that He will allow the "robins" to be found!

Ilene said...

I am so sorry to here about the robbery. I just can't believe someone would stoop so low! We will be praying for all of you and that the Lord would restore what was taken.

Emily Suzanne said...

Wow! That's just incredible (in a bad way). I"m so sorry that happened. I think I would've broken down looking at the mess and thinking about how to replace all the stuff that was stolen! But I know that God is so good and will replace all of this tenfold. He will! He's so faithful!
The whole time I was reading this, I was wondering if your new camera was there... Yay! I'm glad it wasn't!

As We Are said...

So, what can we all do who are so sorry? Maybe help replace gas cards? What do you need? Post it and hold us accountalbe to help you restore the stuff you give out. Let's put action to our words!

Kara said...

I read this last night but didn't get a chance to respond. I'm so sorry that this happened Becky. I was in shock when I read what had happened :( I agree with Tamra, tell us what we can do to help. I hope they catch the people responsible.