Monday, September 29, 2008

Skype may have to go in the trash!

All I'm saying is that I thought Skype was my friend. What could be more wonderful than getting to see 3 kids and their families, right? That's what I thought until last night.
We'd just gotten home from our fabulous trip to Cancun when Amy called and said the whole family was waiting to talk to us on Skype. The first sign of trouble was when they pointed the camera to Olivia and she saw her Buff & Gee and reached her chubby little arms up for us to hold her. HOW DO I GET THROUGH THAT COMPUTER TO PICK UP THAT BABY?!?! I played patty cake with her a few times to get us through that rough spot.
Then...minutes later, the camera is turned to Amy where Isaac has his head pressed into her side where he proceeds to have a melt-down. It was all I could do not to cry myself---or promise to hop on the next airplane to Florida! Oh my. This is harder than I thought it would be. But after some alone time with Ike and a bunch of silly faces, we left him laughing....I think.
After Skype-talking, Andy & I walked to our friends' house where we were having our small group. I looked up at my husband of 33 years and said, "I may be having to go to Florida soon----without you!" Ha!! I've almost got enough saved up for one plane ticket---but not 2. And with this kind of deal....I'm not sharing! And Skype's not invited, either.

3 comments:

amy wright said...

Ha ha! We're all better now.

As We Are said...

I bet that is hard! I learned today that I can save 5% on Southwest tickets by being a member of PTA! Maybe I can help you out!

Kara said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! {{HUGS}}