Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day 29 of 30 Days of Praise

I praise God for those who have blogged before us. I don't know about you, but I begin worrying that I'm just putting too much out there. But look at what someone blogged hundreds of years ago:

"Truly God is good to Israel, to those whose hearts are pure. But as for me, I almost lost my footing. My feet were slipping, and I was almost gone. For I envied the proud when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness. They seem to live such painless lives; their bodies are so healthy and strong. They don’t have troubles like other people; they’re not plagued with problems like everyone else. They wear pride like a jeweled necklace and clothe themselves with cruelty. These fat cats have everything their hearts could ever wish for! They scoff and speak only evil; in their pride they seek to crush others. They boast against the very heavens, and their words strut throughout the earth."

If you don't recognize this, it's from Psalm 73 and from the New Living Translation. Ok...I know it was inspired and mine isn't, but don't you love how he talks about those "fat cats!!" HA!! And he just lets it all hang out for everyone to see, doesn't he?
So I'm not going to try and rival this author, but I want to praise God for yet another kind of example He left for us. An example of blogging. An example to get real so that we can help each other. I have so many friends who are willing to get real. And one of those is Rachel. If you haven't read her blog, you need to. (You'll find it on my blog list) What an honest, compassionate person. I love that girl!
Father, thank you for David and every person who wrote the Psalms. Thank you for their example. Use us in each other's lives, Father. Thank You for the encouragement Rachel gave me and so many more people yesterday through her blog. And Father, I know this is off the subject, but would you protect and bless Bristol Palin? Guard her heart and mind in Christ Jesus. And protect the baby she is carrying. Guard the Palin family, Father. I love you, Daddy! In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: