Wednesday, September 3, 2008

HUGS!!

I was so excited to come home from work yesterday and to see a large, no LARGE, envelope in my mailbox. In fact, the mailman had used my clothespin to attach the envelope to the mailbox so it wouldn't fall out! I was even more excited when I saw that it was addressed to Gee & Buff (the names Amy's kids call me & Andy) . I ran into the kitchen and opened the envelope. You can see what was inside....It was a HUG!! A hug from Isaac, Josiah & Olivia. And I didn't even know you could send hugs in the mail---especially all the way from FLORIDA!!
So when Buff got home, I showed him the envelope first. Then I had him turn around to see his hug that was now attached to the refrigerator. He got his hug...even though he didn't know how to do it very well....
But I know how to get hugs---I made sure those arms came all the way around me....
I love hugs from Florida.

7 comments:

As We Are said...

Such a cute idea! Amy is so good at that stuff. Did you get a digital camera? We can "see" you now!

Becky Dietz said...

No, dang it! It's the church's camera. But I have started a camera saving's account! I should have one by....next year, at least! ha!!

amy wright said...

Ha ha! I'll have to show the boys the pictures when they wake up from their nap. I'm glad that you got it!!

Emily Suzanne said...

Yay! i LOVE this idea! I'm going to do this asap!
Let me know if you try the laundry detergent! I promise I won't to anything with cast iron skillets! :)

Anonymous said...

How cute!

Enjoying the journey... said...

what fun pictures---I hope my mom doesn't read this before I "steal" the idea!! So great!!!

Kara said...

I just love the idea. SOOOOOO cute. I love the pics you posted too. YAY!!