Tuesday, September 9, 2008

If my people...


This morning, my prayer partners & I met to pray. We decided it was time to do something for our election. In fact, another friend in our church has been trying to get us burdened to pray for our country...but we've micromanaged it til nothing has happened. So we thought it was time to take action.
We called our minister and asked his permission to open the worship center each Tuesday until Election Day from 8-4 for people to come in and pray. We'll have scripture there for everyone---no political platforms---just scripture. Then they can come at the time that is convenient for them and pray---using the scripture as a guide. I think it's time to humble ourselves, confess our sins and seek God's face. Just like II Chronicles 7:14-16 says, "Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place. For I have chosen this house and set it apart to be holy—a place where my name will be honored forever. I will always watch over it, for it is dear to my heart."
We decided to make banners to hang in our church with this scripture. THEN we even took it a step further and decided to get a billboard with a short version of II Chronicles 7:14 on it---and call our city to prayer.
I hope you'll join us. You don't have to make banners or buy a billboard---but what if you did? What if we all called on our people to pray? Aren't you ready to take a stand? Don't you want to see God move on us once again? I want to do my part. I don't want to face God saying, "I just didn't know what to do to help." Just open your home, your church...and ask like-minded people to come pray for our nation.

2 comments:

amy wright said...

I love the idea of a billboard. I hope that you take pictures! :)

Becky Dietz said...

Oh yeah!!