Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 30 of 30 Days of Praise

I praise God for His timing. Ecclesiastes 3:1 says this, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven..."
I began 30 Days of Praise as a journey to embrace my husband's dreams----the dreams that God has put in his heart. On Day 1, I asked Andy what his dream was. Actually, I had a pretty good idea because about once a month, he'd drop this bombshell and watch for my reaction. After I told him I was willing to embrace his dream, he told me, "I've just been waiting for you to get there!" Ok...suck it up, Becky.
I told him I wanted what God wanted. And I was willing. Let me tell you what has happened since then. Nothing.
NOTHING!! I fully expected him to do all the necessary steps to fulfill his dream. He hasn't. Now I completely understand that the timing just may not be right or he's fully waiting on God. But what I wonder is this: Was what he wanted so unattainable because I was in his way--that he just thought that was his dream?!?
I don't know. Time will tell. So...I praise God for His timing. I don't know what my future holds---but I know Who holds it!
Father, thank You for this journey. I feel fully released after my 30 Days of Praise---released to do whatever You want. If I've been so much in the way that Andy doesn't even know what his heart's desires are, give him new dreams. Or if these really are his dreams, show him. I trust You, Father. I know You have more freedom in our lives than ever before. I praise You!! And I love You, Daddy! In Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Whoo hoo! You made it! I'm proud of you for all that you have learned and let go of...or grasped. :) I'm even more excited to see the lasting effects. I love you!