Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Stiff Upper Lip


I had a depressing experience this week. I went to my hairdresser for a haircut. I always have her wax my eyebrows while I'm there. She looked down at me and asked if I usually had her wax my upper lip. I told her, "No. Does it need it?" Her short reply was, "Yes."
DANG! When did that happen? How embarressing! And now I foresee a lifetime of ripping that upper lip over and over and over....I just hope I don't start growing a beard! Or maybe I have and she is waiting to tell me next time.
And maybe, just maybe...I need new glasses. Sigh.....

8 comments:

TheShermanFam said...

OMGoodness...You are NOT growing a beard!!! You're crazy!

amy wright said...

Never noticed your upper lip. Does that mean that I need to wax mine?

Tammy said...

Becky, I do love learning from our daughters. But I have really enjoyed reading your blog. What will you blog about after the 30th day? I love your sense of humor!!!

Sandra said...

Maybe your hairdresser just needed extra $$ for a coke at lunch or something....
;-)

Anonymous said...

You are feeling old(er) because of your facial hair--which by the way my teenage daughter has so no worries, it is more about hormones than age!

I am feeling old(er) because I have a TEENAGE daughter( see my blog)...I guess time is just slipping away. But that's ok, it just means we are closer to seeing Jesus!

Enjoying the journey... said...

you are so funny!

As We Are said...

Ha!! Don't worry. Remember our ladies questionare we created? Many of our lady friends have hair on their upper lips, it's just that for some reason none of us talk about it! I say go for the lazer hair removal and forgo any more waxing!

amy wright said...

Whoot Whoot! Look at that smooth lip. Ha!