Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day 27 of 30 Days of Praise

I praise God for LIFE!  What an awesome idea God had in creating us---just to have someone with whom to fellowship.    And not just life---but ETERNAL life.  Wow!  It's hard for me to wrap my brain around the idea that God wants to be with me for all of eternity.
I just visited with a young girl who was having thoughts of ending her life.  That's happening more and more.  I taught her how to take every thought captive to the obedience of Jesus Christ.  She left here with an exchanged burden--her heavy burden for God's light burden.  How rewarding to see someone eagerly grab hold of Truth--Truth that sets free!!
I don't think about every breath I take every day.  I don't think about what a gift that is...until I watch someone take their last breath.  Or until I meet someone who is thinking of ending their own breathing.
I get very philosophical when I sit and think about why God would even create us.  Wasn't it enough to have fellowship as Father, Son & Holy Spirit?  If I'd known all the trouble it would cause (and He did---He's omniscient!), I'm not sure I would have created the human race.  If I'd known how little fellowship I'd  actually get out of the deal, I'm not sure I'd bothered.  But God did.  What love.  What grace.
Father, thank You for life.  Thank You for every breath I've breathed for 52 years!  (And I know You know exactly how many that is!)  Thank You for wanting fellowship with me so badly that You created me!  That blows my mind!  But thank You.  I love You so much and I want to give You the fellowship You desire so badly.  I love You, Daddy!  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: