Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I want to do funny stuff....

But that's not where God has me right now! I love reading all of your funny blogs and seeing your hysterical pictures, though.
Have you ever wondered why you batted your eyes at your man, hung on his every word, laughed hysterically at his corny jokes, and told him how smart, handsome, adorable, etc., etc. he was when you were dating? And then when you got married....Poof! Those very same things began driving you nuts! As Jodina & I walked, talked & prayed this morning, she figured it out! (Now do you see why I like hanging around this girl so much??)
The curse comes in when you MARRY!
Oh. My. Goodness. The curse that says, “I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you.” Genesis 3:16.
But praise God! When we give up control, when we learn to submit, when we begin REDEEMING, the curse is broken. Well, it's broken anyway (at the cross), but that's when it's broken--practically--in our lives.
Do you want to redeem? Then "date" your husband again. Laugh over his craziness. Join him in those adorable things he does. Dance when he turns on that loud rock 'n roll music. Clip your nails right along with him. LOVE him. ADORE him. ADAPT to him.
And by the way, I encourage you and your girlfriends to talk about God-things when you're together. It keeps you from gossiping or being critical. Jodina & I try to walk every morning...ok, at least 3-4 mornings a week...and that's when we do soul-searching together, talk about what God's done, and pray for our families. I love that girl!!

2 comments:

amy wright said...

Oh, but that WAS funny..."Clip your nails right along with him."
I am gonna crunch my chips, LOUDLY!!! :)

Knock On Wood said...

I think O Reilly would love it! Thanks for your kind comments from wordsmith to another! Allison