Saturday, August 9, 2008

Day 5 of 30 Days of Praise

I want to praise God for His plan for my life. I know His plans for me are for good and not for evil, to give me a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11) I don't know how God has done it---did He make ONE plan in the beginning, knowing our willfulness and sinfulness and just include that in the plan? However He's done it, He's God. He knew the beginning from the end. And He has a plan for my life. I praise Him for it and want to come in agreement for it.
Here are some verses that God used to speak to me this morning:
Proverbs 16:3 "Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed."
Proverbs 19:21 "Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."
Ephesians 5:15-16 "Look carefully then how you walk! Live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless, but as wise (sensible, intelligent people), Making the very most of the time [buying up each opportunity], because the days are evil."
Ephesians 2:10 (My "Life Verse") "For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]."
Ephesians 1:10-12 "[He planned] for the maturity of the times and the climax of the ages to unify all things and head them up and consummate them in Christ, [both] things in heaven and things on the earth. In Him we also were made [God's] heritage (portion) and we obtained an inheritance; for we had been foreordained (chosen and appointed beforehand) in accordance with His purpose, Who works out everything in agreement with the counsel and design of His [own] will, So that we who first hoped in Christ [who first put our confidence in Him have been destined and appointed to] live for the praise of His glory!

Father, I come in agreement with Your Word. I know You have a plan all mapped out for me. I want to live for the praise of Your glory! I want to be unified with You and everything You're bringing into agreement with Yourself. I know this path won't always be easy--it may be extremely difficult at times (because Rachel has told me it will!), but keep my eyes focused on You, the Author and Finisher of my faith. And Father, bless Rachel. Encourage her, carry her burden, and help her across the finish line with finesse! Help us all, Father, as we sacrifice ourselves for Your purposes. We want to live for the praise of Your glory!! In Jesus' name, Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You've been blogging alot...I am still trying to figure all of it out! But I will blog way more now that I am getting used to it! I just want to say...I think you are really full of wisdom!~ God uses you in such cool ways. I can tell you are open to whatever he wants you to do which is way cool!!

Anonymous said...

Ok...dumb question...how do I get "friends" on my blog profile?? (Told you I didn't know what I was doing...)

Kara said...

WOW I love your days of praise. We all should do this. I really try everyday, no matter how icky the day can be to praise Him in all of his glory. You have encouraged me to do so. THANK YOU!!!!

aksnipes said...

Ok, I just read through your entire blog and I think it was for me! Hmmm, lots to think over and pray about. Good stuff! Thanks for sharing!