Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 14 of 30 Days of Praise

I praise God for His church. His ONE church. I praise Him for the many expressions in that church. I recognize that God didn't create denominations---man did. He's only and forever had one church.
Amy & I were talking about some theological issues last night and came into agreement that we need to approach any issue with an open mind---an open mind towards Truth. Instead of assuming we know what anyone believes, we should ask genuine questions that lead to understanding. Just like we want to be understood, we should desire to come to an understanding of others.
You know, I believe that is what God is doing in these days---bringing His church into agreement. That was always God's desire. John 17:11 says, "I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one." God wants us to be one.
Father, I praise You for Your oneness. I praise You that You desire to include us in that oneness! That amazes me. But I understand it. Just like I desire oneness for my family, You do the same. I hate it when there is dissension in my family. I would hate it if they made divisions---each claiming they had the only way back to me--that they knew my heart better than their siblings. Forgive us, Father, for these divisions among us. Bring us into oneness. I agree with Jesus' prayer---make us one as You are one. Quickly!! In Jesus' name, Amen.

2 comments:

amy wright said...

Just think of what we can learn from other believers...this will be fun!

Anonymous said...

So true!! I wish there were no denominations---that we could all praise, worship and learn about God each in our own way but together! That sounds impossible but with God it can be very possible...if we will just let it be. I learned alot from the church I went to in Tulsa. I didn't agree with everything they did, but I don't agree with everything our church does either! I think everyone could learn to much more if we would just be open and willing!!