Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 2 of 30 Days of Praise

I woke up this morning ready to praise God and move into fulfilling my husband's dream. But God quickly showed me that I still had some more "letting go" to do. But I will encourage you first with what my prayer partner emailed me:

What has been on my heart today is:
Praise God for our leadership in our husbands---they are so unique. God has not messed up in putting them over us! In fact, He knows just what we need!! So even as awkward as it was, I patted my husband and said, "Thank you for the leadership you give over this home!" And he said, "What? What are you talking about?" Lol! He wanted more!
And another thing: Don't compare!!!!----That's judgment in our heart too!! Who are we??? Do we want them to compare us? NO WAY! And I don't want to be judged in his heart. I want him to accept me where I am!! We've got to sow these seeds so we can reap the great harvest!!
1st day of freedom---no striving, let be what will be, TRUST GOD! It's a continuing, a constant, telling my flesh, I have let go!!! PRAISE GOD!
PRESS ON SISTERS!!

That was from my good friend. If you don't have another woman to pray with who will encourage you when things are hard, begin praying for one! We are each other's sounding board and we bring equilibrium to one another.
Now...what God began reminding me of this morning was Adam & Eve. Do you realize Adam had his dream job before Eve existed? It was perfect. And then God gave Eve to Adam to fulfill him---to be his helper. And then when they sinned, listen to what God told Adam in Genesis 3:17, "
And to Adam He said, Because you have listened and given heed to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, saying, You shall not eat of it, the ground is under a curse because of you; in sorrow and toil shall you eat [of the fruits] of it all the days of your life."
BECAUSE YOU HAVE LISTENED AND GIVEN HEED TO THE VOICE OF YOUR WIFE!!! Ooooh Man! How condemning. We have got to be so careful with our mouths. If we haven't "let go," we are going to be manipulating and controlling our husbands.
Do you realize what the curse was that was placed on Adam & Eve? Adam had to work by the sweat of his brow and listen to this: "To the woman He said, I will greatly multiply your grief and your suffering in pregnancy and the pangs of childbearing; with spasms of distress you will bring forth children. Yet your desire and craving will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." This isn't a sexual desire. Oh no. It's a desire to RULE OVER YOUR HUSBAND! The New Living Translation says it this way: "Then he said to the woman, “I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you."
But...praise God! These curses were broken at the cross of Jesus. So that means that we no longer have to have pain in childbirth!! (Why any woman wants to experience that is beyond me!) And...man no longer has to work by the sweat of his brow. This is where I first began understanding that I wanted my husband's dreams fulfilled. I want my husband to wake up every morning full of joy and eager to go to work. That curse is broken! Do you know that even tractors now have air conditioners? And, the ultimate...we can now give up controlling our husbands! The curse is broken!!

Father, thank you for all You did when Jesus died on the cross. Thank you for paying for my sins. Thank you for breaking the curses. I love you and I want to get this right. Just this morning, I was reminded again how short life is when a friend died. Father, I want to face you knowing that I was an overcomer. I want to encourage Andy's dreams to be fulfilled here and not have to wait til he gets to heaven. Make us the helpmeets that help fulfill dreams. Redeem and restore what you intended us to be as wives. In Jesus' name, Amen.

2 comments:

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

Here we go!! It's hard to start this while my son is peeing his pants every few hours, but I am pressing forward!

amy wright said...

Your page is cute and very readable. I like the paisleys. ;)