Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 4 of 30 Days of Praise


Today, I want to praise God for His order. Yesterday, I talked about how God put man over woman---that order. Amy asked a question yesterday in the comment section, "I encouraged my husband's dream, now what?" Ha! I told her she was our forerunner and had to figure it out and tell the rest of us!! (This is what's cool as a parent---seeing your children race ahead of you! Remember Psalm 127:4? "As arrows are in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth." When we shoot an arrow [our kids], they go further than we do---just make sure you're pointing them at the right target!)


Do you realize how few women are really mentioned in the Bible? Out of 66 books, only 2 are named after women. You'd think God's plan comes down through men. Hmmmm..... You know girls, we have been very "culturized." Our culture is teaching us how important we are as women. Our sitcoms portray men as bumbling idiots. Wow. It makes me realize what the enemy has done here. If God's plan comes through His order, and in His order, He's placed man over woman as the head, do you think He might want to use our husbands? Do you think He might have placed a dream in their hearts? Do you think He might be raising them up as world-changers? And do you think Satan might be trying to prevent it?


I know women are important. I think I'm coming to see, though, that God gave us the supporting actress roles. But we want to be the stars!! God loves women and has placed great value on them and in them. I love Proverbs 31. Basically, Lemuel's mom is telling him this is the kind of woman to find---don't be threatened by a woman who is intelligent and capable. She'll do you good all your life! And God used women to save nations---look at Esther and Deborah!


But more importantly, look how God has used men through the course of the Bible and history. And He's not through. He even created men with the need to conquer. He made them warriors (and hence, the photo!). And I believe He's placed dreams in our men's hearts. But they may have never even felt the freedom to examine those dreams. I just looked at Psalm 127:4 again---those arrows are in the warriors hands!! And all this time, I thought they were in my hands! I'm such a sad human being!!!

Honestly, as I began praising God for His order this morning, and began searching the Word to find what happens to a woman who encourages her husband's dreams---this is what I found. I found a book full of men who changed the world. (And of course, a few women) Now I can either praise God for His order and get on board....or I can be mad at God for not using women more---or at least rewarding them! Maybe the reward comes later (and I'm all about reward!). I'm choosing to praise God for His order---and I'm on board! It's not all about me. It's about God and His glory! And I want to see our world changed for His glory.


Father, thank you for the order You created. I come in agreement with You for that order and agree that this world--even my life--is not all about ME!! How do I get it so mixed up?? Father, You created us with a longing for significance. Help us to find our significance in You. And help me to be excited about Your plan--whatever that is or however You choose to use me, and more importantly, Andy. I want Your name to be made famous--not my own name. So get me in Your order. I want to be like you---willing to become a servant. Bless Your order, Father. In Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

As We Are said...

Very good Becky! I have seen this and am trying really hard to step down from the leading role! I also realize that the leading role is really hard with lots of pressure involved. Out of my league, and God knows it!