Thursday, August 14, 2008

We made it!

We made it to Florida. It was a long drive, but so beautiful. We were so excited to see Jay, Amy & the kids. It's always so sweet to be greeted with shouts of "GEEEEE!!" and grabbed around the legs and hugged.
The amazing thing on my journey here was all the reading I did. I read biographies in this order: Hudson Taylor, Lottie Moon, Watchman Nee and The Heavenly Man by Bro. Yun. What AMAZED me is that these people's lives overlapped and even intersected. When I began reading Bro. Yun's book, he said his mother was led to the Lord by a Western missionary. And then when he wanted a Bible, a pastor told him to pray for a "heavenly book"---which is exactly what Lottie Moon called the Bible. WOW! Maybe this doesn't amaze you...but it did me.
Anyway, I'm contemplating on all I've read and learned.
And now I'm going to enjoy my Florida grandbabies.

1 comment:

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

Glad you made it!! Enjoy your family. Give Jay and Amy a squeeze for me.