Saturday, August 30, 2008

Consider this....

Have you thought about how soon the Lord may return?  I think the "pressure" we all feel is from the birth pains--and they're getting closer together.  And most of us know what that feels like!  The thought occurred to me this week:  What if the Lord is coming soon?  What if it was within one month?  Or one year?  Now I know there are different thoughts on this---you could be pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib.  But regardless...what if He's coming soon?  And what if our blogs are here to guide or comfort those who are left behind (if you're "pre" or "mid!" ha!  And it's probably pretty obvious where I lean)?  What if???  How would you live your lives differently if you really believed you only had one month left?  Would you?  And what if God let us know the signs----and it was so close that we knew we had a year at the most?
I'M ASKING QUESTIONS HERE!!  Tell me how you'd do things differently.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I decided to post my comment to you as a blog on my page...check it our!!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

It is so funny that you are blogging this. I talk to my friend Leslie about Jesus coming back almost everyday. I think we would all live different if we knew a day and a time. We would make sure our unsaved loved ones and not so loved ones would get it together or approach them with Jesus at least a dozen more times. Our prayers would become more urgent and probably more focused. So why doesn't it change? No really I am asking. Leslie and I really think we are experiencing the end of the labor pains. We have played through different scenarios, especially with the state of the political world today. But then there's always the generations before us who thought WWII was the gateway to Armagedon and Hitler was the anti-christ. So then we question our sanity and thank God we don't know so we can just live in his beautiful grace. I think this would be an awesome topic to get some women together and actually talk about. Don't get me wrong I love blogging, but conversation is good too! Love you!