Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ahhhh...the motion has stopped...for now.

Andy & I are on our way to Florida. We stayed with David & Lindsey last night and enjoyed our time with them immensely! We have the cutest grandkids in the world!!! We left them at the IHOP about 10 this morning and drove from Dallas to Mobile, Alabama. Andy had a goal (that I knew nothing about) to get to Pensacola, Florida tonight....but my hiney wouldn't make it. We had quite a time talking and laughing. I accused him of having road rage (or causing it!) and asked him why he was so angry when he drove. (He wanted to know why I wanted to psychoanalyze him.) But we got to the root. He wanted control. And he asked why I dug my fingernails into the dash and tried to backseat drive. We got to the root. I wanted control. HA! I was laughing so hard I was crying after this conversation.

Isn't control a funny thing? We all want it....and none of us has it! The best we can do as humans is self-control. THAT'S THE ONLY THING WE CAN CONTROL---OURSELVES! And yet we spend most of our lives trying to control people and situations all around us.

I've thought a lot today about submission and talked to Andy about it, too. I'm thinking that will be tomorrow's blog---if I get up in time to get it done before Andy pulls out. He has an agenda and I'm part of it, I think.

Sweet dreams. Roses on your pillow!

4 comments:

amy wright said...

You are closer to me!! It's funny that you both made the same stops as us. I love you!!

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

I commented on your comment on my page--just want to make sure you see it. I can just hear you guys talking in the car! I tried calling you after I saw the videos--but now I know you were on your way to Dallas on Tuesday when I phoned. Yeah, go ahead and laugh--I said, "phoned"!!

Emily Suzanne said...

OOOHhh!
I haven't had a chance to sit down and really read your blogs the past few days! I'm so sad, I'm missing them!
I think I'll take some time in the morning to catch up.
You do have CUTE grandkids!!!
And your control issue is so good!
I'm glad I can go to bed tonight remembering that I'm not in control... constantly having to remind myself of this :)
But it brings me peace to know it.

As We Are said...

AAUUGGGHHH!! Control. I thought it very interesting that on Tuesday, less than an hour after I prayed that I was giving over control of Kailee's school situation to God and trusting Him, we got a phone call saying she was accepted. I think He really was waiting for me to say it to Him and lay it down. This control stuff is hard to let go of!