Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day 15 of 30 Days of Praise

I'm still taking tests over keeping my big, fat mouth shut. And I have the canker sores to prove it! Oh God, please help me pass this test!! I'm so tired of having to take this one over and over. I sure wish you graded on the curve.
I'm sure those of you reading don't have this problem. And if you've passed, you can pray for me to pass. You know my struggle.
I wish I didn't care what people thought. I wish I didn't feel responsible for others' actions. I wish things rolled off my shoulders like a duck's back. I wish I didn't tense up or get stressed out when I'm embarressed. Sigh....
I have so far to go. The thing I'm praising God for this morning is that He doesn't demand perfection from us. THANK YOU, GOD!!! He wants us to "get" these life lessons, but He knows our frailty. He knows how imperfect we are. After all, He created us.
But I do want to learn. I do want to get these lessons down. Because I want to live for the praise of His glory. I want to please my Daddy.
Father, I praise You this morning for wanting me to succeed---even though you don't demand perfection. Thank You that You haven't asked me to do something that You aren't willing to help me with. I praise You for Your grace. I rest in Your grace. I willn't (Josiah-ism!!) carry what isn't mine to carry today. Thank You that You're willing to carry my heavy burdens!! I love you, Daddy! In Jesus' name, Amen.

5 comments:

As We Are said...

Amen Amen Amen!!! Yes, I pray this for Becky and for myself! Becky, thank you for your honesty, for it challenges me to keep at it! You are doing great! I'm proud of you!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I am your 180. I take things and hold them inside and NEVER let them out...I turn all that anger and stress inward which manifests itself as depression, drug addiction, etc. I wish I could learn to speak up more...maybe we should somehow learn to balance one another out!!!

amy wright said...

Hey Mom! I love you and I'm so proud of you for always learning. You are a great example to me.
I had such a fun week with you. Thank you (and Dad) for taking time off to drive down here and be with us. We have great memories to keep.

amy wright said...

hljljhuhggphjkbjgjghjghjvvhvhyuhyuiyyyyyutftyutfft
yugegfegfgfgfy9tytyyufuytttfyy
yuggygygyugygygyuggyyhyygyyfgufgygfuygef
yugfghgffgfgufyugto0tggggtufgvgg
gfy
isaac :)

isqwni21[;4p[65zsdfgnm9n4mn
2'2 2OKJWB5po
]7\i87\l8;2

josiah :)

Kaci Lusk said...

Oh Becky, thank you for this. I pray that God help us BOTH with this.

How was your trip?

I suppose God had his plan for my song last Friday, I have been asked to sing it at church on Sunday.

I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog. Thanks for sharing!