Friday, August 22, 2008

Interesting night

I had an interesting night last night.  Let me back up...I was so tired yesterday that I called Ember to tell her I just couldn't come to her house at 3.  Now if you know me, I love getting together and that was highly unusual for me to do any canceling!  But I was pooped!  So I came home and promptly fell asleep at 3 and didn't wake up until 5 when my phone rang.  Andy & I didn't do much last night...we just rested.  But I had to get up around 7 this morning to go to Living Water, so I set my alarm.  I was afraid with the state I was in, I wouldn't wake up on my own.  So when my alarm went off, I grabbed it and quickly shut it off (as Andy snorted) and went and jumped in the shower.  Andy came in and raised his voice and asked, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?"  I calmly replied that I was getting ready for work.  Then came the kicker:  "At 2:00 in the MORNING?"  ARRRGGHHHH!!!  
Thankfully, I hadn't shampooed my hair at this point, so I toweled off and went back to bed---where I laid awake going through my to-do list.  I'm really clean today---I showered again at the real 7:00 a.m.
I think I need to check my alarm clock battery.  "Alma...check your battery!" Sister Act

4 comments:

amy wright said...

Be careful there, Alma.
Hey, did you take the thing off from Beth Moore??

Becky Dietz said...

Yes. I checked it out on Snopes and it wasn't all true.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/kayarthur.asp

amy wright said...

Hey...maybe I put YOUR counter on my page. Hmmm... Maybe we should ask Dave. That's a little too odd.

Kara said...

Oh my goodness. Poor thing, so were you tired even more yesterday?