Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 7 of 30 Days of Praise

I'm praising God for His Word. Actually, I came upon that because of my daily Bible reading. I'm in Psalm 56. Verse 4 says this, "By [the help of] God I will praise His word; on God I lean, rely, and confidently put my trust; I will not fear. What can man, who is flesh, do to me?"
Wow. I praise God for His Word that teaches me, guides me, instructs me, admonishes me, builds me up, and empowers me. I praise God for the TRUTH of His Word!! I praise Him that there is an absolute Truth that I can depend on. Because of His Word, I don't have to fear. I can trust Him. He's a man of His Word!! He won't fail. His Word has never failed. It always accomplishes what it's sent out for.
I praise God that no matter where this journey takes me, His Word is faithful. His Word will guide me. His Word will encourage me.
I want to be faithful to God's Word. I want to be speaking it out so that it can accomplish what God desires! I want to be talking to my friends about the Word. I want to hold the Word up for people to see their need for God. I want to obey God's Word.
Just this morning at Living Water, I talked to a woman who was a believer but was living with a man. I didn't condemn her, but I asked her why they weren't married. She went into this long explanation of stuff that didn't matter but ended with the story of how she had her daughters in church because she wanted them to know the Truth. I told her she couldn't pick and choose the Truth she wanted to obey. We're accountable for all of the Truth the Word teaches. But that's just like me, huh? I've wanted to obey the Word...but just the part I wanted to obey. Hold me accountable---I'm through picking and choosing! What can man do to me???

2 comments:

amy wright said...

:) I was enlightened today.

Hey, I'm glad that you figured out the comment thing. I was a bit confused.

Anonymous said...

How true! I want to obey God but on MY terms...like being submissive to my husband (AKA Dave). I am having a HARD time with that right now!!!