Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 9 of 30 Days of Praise

I jabbed. I jibed. I avoided a quick left and rolled to the right. I ducked. I bounced. I fell against the rope.
That was my day yesterday in a small car driving with Andy from Borger to Dallas. I was ADAPTING. Now let me tell you what it really looked like. I adapted to Rush Limbaugh. I adapted to 70's music. I adapted to Andy "instructing" the world how to drive. I adapted to Michael Medved (can you tell my husband is an outspoken conservative?!?) I adapted to soul music---and Andy joining in in a soulish way. I adapted to tailgating.
And you know what??? Each time the Helper helped me. And because I was so aware of adapting, I LAUGHED!! Each time I laughed. (Inside of course---it wouldn't have helped my cause to laugh out loud!! I am a smart girl, after all.) It was so fun to see the Helper at work---doing His thing and doing it quite well, I might add.
I PASSED, girls!! I PASSED!!!! You do know that God gives us tests to see how well we're learning, don't you? We always get an opportunity to make an A. And there's no advancement until we do make an A. It's required. So you get to take the same type test until you can move on. It won't be the exact test---trust me on this one. (I've been stuck on the same test for months at a time---so I should know) But a like-test, all the same.
I'm so glad I passed this one. Pray for me today on our long car ride....I feel like there's another test coming, even if it's not the same type test.
Father, I praise you today for the help of the Helper. How exciting it was to see Him at work all day long. How exciting to know He was right there with me caring about my success. It was so much fun laughing with you all day long. I praise you for the A I made on this one. Please help me again today. I don't know what's in store, but I want to laugh with You again. I enjoy You, God. I love being with You. I want to enjoy this country You created as I travel along. Give Andy & I a refreshing, fun time together, too. I love YOU! In Jesus' name, Amen.

2 comments:

TheShermanFam said...

YAY!! I'm so glad you passed the test! What GIANT test it was...(sorry Andy...love ya!)...Congrats, and I pray for the same today.

amy wright said...

ha ha! I'm glad that I didn't have to start this "test passing" thing on my long drive down. I would have failed MISERABLY. :)