Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 6 of 30 Days of Praise

For those who are coming in late, I'm blogging for 30 days about my journey to "let go" and get out of the way so I can encourage the dreams that God has put in my husband's heart! I'm using PRAISE to get me on down the road quickly!
Today I want to praise God for those who have gone before me in this journey. I admire Sarah. God filled her heart with courage and faith to be able to follow her husband to a "country that they didn't know where it was." And then in I Peter 3, God tells us to be "good daughters of Sarah." So she's there for our example.
But I've been blessed as I've thought on the girls who are younger than me (my daughter, Amy, being the first that was my real-life example!!) that have already taken this journey. Psalm 100:5 says, "For the Lord is good. His mercy and loving-kindness are everlasting, His faithfulness and truth endure to all generations." I'm so blessed to know that this next generation has worthy examples to follow!!
As I worshipped in church this morning, tears just began to flow as I thought of how God is leading this next generation---how He's raising up leaders for the future! It blesses me to see young women who are learning the same things I am---and even light years ahead of me! For the past 15 years, I've committed to be a Truth-seeker. And I'm so excited to see these young women who are seeking God's Truth, too. It blesses me to see their open hearts and their vulnerability. And it blesses me to see them ministering to me and to one another.
How can I not follow God's plan for my life when they've thrown down the challenge? I don't want to be left behind!! (And I love a good challenge!)
*And I'm posting this as Andy sits beside me smacking on his gum---makes me wonder if I really want to chase after him & his dreams! Argh!!*

3 comments:

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

I laughed hard at the last sentence of your blog. Becky, how can we be so much the same??? You know I am JUST like you? I have so many questions for you, but will email you soon!

Rachel said...

I laughed at the last sentence too! Again mysteries never to be solved. I love you and your blog Sarah is a huge inspiration. I am looking to her example in this next phase of encouragment. This has been so therapuetic for me.

TheShermanFam said...

HA! Andy CRACKS me up!! I'm lovin' all of your posts...You are soooo on top of this bloggin' thing!
Can't wait to meet you at the end of this journey!