Friday, October 31, 2008

In a Crisis

Wow.  It's so amazing to see God's people in the midst of a crisis---even from a distance!  Just amazing.  It's exactly how the body of Christ is supposed to work---all the time.  The right hand helping the left hand.  The left ear helping the mouth.  The heart helping the....well, you get the picture!  
While Emily has gone through her trauma, we've just been on the sidelines anxious to help but not knowing how.  But when you want to "get out there and fight," the coach puts you in.  And you know what?  It doesn't matter if you're starting, you just want to assist.  
I'm blessed.  I'm blessed to see how many are in the body of Christ---from all over the world! (thanks to statcounter.com)   I'm blessed to see how many want to help.  I'm blessed to read/see/hear the prayers of so many going up on behalf of Emily.  I'm blessed to know people are giving, preparing meals, taking kids to school, offering to babysit, etc.  I'm blessed to see people using their God-given gifts in this crisis.
I love my brothers and sisters.  And I'm never prouder than I am right now to see them working together for someone I love.
I can't wait to tell Emily that in 2 1/2 days she's had more hits on her blog than I've had in 3 months!!!

No comments: