Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday

Wow! My first Saturday in a long time to do nothing. I LOVE IT!! I slept in until 10:00 a.m. Can you believe that? I've really been tired. You know, we talked at the retreat about how my grandmother's generation stayed tired physically. They worked the farms and animals full-time besides rearing large families. We don't do near the physical labor they did, but we exert more mental and emotional energy, I think---and that zaps our physical energy. I've been feeling it.
What have I done today? I've been packing up Christmas gifts to ship to Florida. Maybe someone needed to move years ago so I'd be this organized for Christmas! (Just kidding...I'm trying to figure out how to get there. I can't stand seeing Olivia grow up and not know her Gee!!) It's been so fun getting things together. I've also thought things through a little more, too.
I found some fun stuff to send to all the grandkids "just because." That's always fun for me. They probably don't get as big a kick out of it as I do! ha! But I remember how much my kids LOVED getting stuff in the mail just for them.
Let's see....I went and got some things at Wal-Mart, including Emergen-C. I woke up with a sore throat, so I thought I better start taking it. Good stuff! (Although I'm wondering if it's just from snoring---I kept waking myself up last night!! ha!)
And of course, my heart has been at Baylor Medical with Emily and her family. It's hard to think of anything else.
OH!!! And I couldn't believe how many kids came by trick-or-treating last night. We've had around 50 or more in the past....but I probably only had about 20 last night. Where were all the goblins? I've loved looking at pictures of all your cuties. Wasn't Tinker's Tush cute??
So there you have it----my kicked-back Saturday!!

3 comments:

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

Don't cha love a Saturday like that??? I sure do!! We did have such a good time when you guys came to visit us in Tib. You guys were definitely our FAVORITE guests up there! Do you remember those prayer necklaces you gave us?

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I did this Saturday...stayed home. I cleaned house, did laundry, washed sheets,etc. Things I usually have to do here and there in between work and stuff...it was SO great!!!

As We Are said...

That is a GREAT Saturday, and if you do win the million and need Pella, I know the perfect guy to call.
I hope you are feeling better soon!