Monday, October 20, 2008

My filing cabinet

I'm laughing so hard!! One of the sweet guys at Living Water had an agenda today. He came by to "fix" the filing cabinet that was broken into. This filing cabinet is 4 feet wide and is about 5 feet tall with 4 drawers. The only thing wrong with it was that it would no longer lock (which I didn't plan to do anymore anyway) and the top 2 drawers didn't completely close.
I asked him if he needed me to unload the drawers and he assured me he didn't. I had some work to do in the back...and when I came back into my office, files were strewn everywhere! He had his trusty screwdriver and was busy at work. That was 2 hours ago. The only reason I'm able to post this is because he left for a break.
WHY didn't I bring the camera to work today? (I may call Andy and have him go get it...it's that good!) So for right now, let me describe it. The 2nd drawer is hanging out. Well, it's a little worse than that. One side of it is sitting on a chair. (He was using my sculptural globe for a prop and I could see it bending, so when he left, I switched it out for a chair.) There are black prints all over the front of this drawer. It's off the roller and won't go back on. It's now bent where he's been hammering it to try to make it fit. Dings all over the front of the drawer.
Personally? I don't think it's going back together. I'm sure our insurance is going to cover it anyway, so I just think it's hysterical that he wanted to save us some money and not replace it...and now we're going to have to replace it!
What a guy! A sweetheart. But definitely not a mechanic. Good thing he's retired! Goodbye, filing cabinet!

2 comments:

rickyg said...

hey Becky! Good stuff on here. Did Andy tell you we saw him and Ralph at the game and my oldest (Elijah) slapped Ralph on the butt! Embarrassing! Anyway, I don't know how often you guys talk to Dave but they have an opening at Tascosa Road Fellowship for a full-time worship leader. They want someone young and vibrant. Just thought I would pass that info along.
Here's the site...


www.trfama.org

amy wright said...

Oh, too funny! Will he be upset when he sees that you had to replace it anyway?
And I am dying laughing at Ricky's comment about Ralph's butt slapping. I sure would love to be there to hear Ralph's side of the story! Ha ha!