Saturday, October 11, 2008

Heard from Pampa...

Matt, Alexis & Big Baby almost 2 years ago.


Ryan, Alexis & Benjamin a year ago.

Those who know our family might wonder why Alexis isn't here with Caitlin.  Alexis is Caitlin's younger sister.  At times, they have wanted to come to Gran & Pops by themselves for their own special attention...but this time, Alexis decided she needed to go see Granny in Pampa while Caitlin came here.  I think the hysterical part is the main drawing card in Pampa, besides Granny, of course,  is "Big Baby."   This is an antique doll that my mom has at her house which Alexis named.  Mom has sewn clothes for this doll and Alexis loves to dress it.  I also think the reason Big Baby is so special is because it's probably the one thing Granny hasn't allowed the kids to take home.  So Big Baby stays in Pampa.  Alexis went to Pampa and to Big Baby.
I talked to Granny this morning to see how it was going and she said they were having a great time.  Not only did she have Alexis, but she also had Benjamin.  Benjamin is my sister, Sandra's, 6 year old son.  Alexis & Benjamin are only 3 months apart.  Yes.  I have grandchildren older than a nephew.  (It's Sandra's fault.)  So mom is keeping a grandchild and a great-grandchild who are the same age at the same time.  Is she not amazing?  (Actually, she said it's easier to have them at the same time to entertain one another.)
Mom said that Benjamin and Alexis are getting along GREAT!  As I thought about that, I thought, "Yeah!  Those 2 should.  They're both the youngest in their families and are probably tired to death of being bossed!!"  They had found and rescued a cat, they were collecting cocoons, Granny was taking them to McDonald's for lunch and then to Dollar Tree for a spending spree.  Benjamin informed Alexis that Dollar Tree was the BEST place to shop.  I'm sure she already knew that....
Now my only concern is that as Caitlin & Alexis compare their weekends that Granny may have won.  I mean...how can it get better than Big Baby and shopping?  Although Caitlin did get a pair of stylin' reading glasses at Dollar General.  And there's always the pumpkin.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

My FAULT?!!? LOL
I think they played until they dropped. Benjamin was exhausted. They colored pictures, decorated paper balloons with glitter and buttons, played with flannelgraph, played outside, made a cat trap, shopped, talked, ... and that's only the things I heard about. I'm sure there was more. LOL I bet MOM'S exhausted.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a picture of your son Matt! Oh my goodness...he and Jay are dead ringers!