Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Remember

This morning, I read Psalm 106. Several times throughout the chapter, it says things like this: "They soon forgot His many acts of kindness to them...or Yet how quickly they forgot what He had done for them."
So I began trying to think back and remember all God has done for me---and to thank Him as I remembered. Let me name a few:
1. He chose a wonderful husband for me.
2. He has delivered us financially over and over when we least deserved it.
3. We saw a miracle of rain in China when we asked God to prove who He was to the people.
4. We saw a girl healed of seizures.
5. I've seen the miracle of my children's salvation.
6. I saw God bring in godly spouses for my children. He protected them.
7. God has protected our ministry over and over.
8. We've seen God's miraculous provision 100's of times.
9. I've seen God change my heart.
10. God has delivered us from the attacks of the enemy.
11. I've seen God deliver marriages.
12. I've seen God deliver from addictions.
13. I've seen lives changed at Living Water---people are now in leadership who used to come for help.
14. I have a twice-gifted house.
15. I have a fully furnished, well-decorated house.
16. I've seen God's grace in action.
17. I've been the recipient of many gifts.
18. I've become a giver.
...More to come as I remember today.

Let's remember together today. What has He done for you?

4 comments:

Kara said...

God is good. IT's good to remember.

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

God gave us Hudson after years of trying. I am remembering that as we are trying again for what seems like forever!!

Emily Suzanne said...

this is such a good reminder to focus on the positive and be thankful.... something I'm really striving to do everyday. Thank goodness He has grace for me :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when I feel really bad I journal a list of all the things I can think of at that particular time that I am grateful to God for...and then I read the list and suddenly I am not so sad!