Sunday, October 5, 2008

Apple Dumpling Recipe

Shanna made these when we went to Lubbock. Since David & Lindsey were coming this weekend, I decided to get the stuff to make them. Wow!! They are so good.....and so EASY! I doubled the recipe thinking we might have more people here (and didn't) and wasn't sure how they'd survive as left-overs, but they were just as great tonight as they were last night. This is a quick and easy recipe to make for guests and they'll never guess they're so easy!

1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored and cut into 8 slices
1 Can of Crescent Rolls
1 stick of butter
1 cup of water
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Grease an 8x8 dish. Roll one slice of apple in each crescent roll. Arrange apple rolls in pan. Add other ingredients to a pan and cook on stove until the butter is melted. Pour over the apples. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. At the last 10 minutes, I basted the apple rolls with the sauce. These are great served a la mode!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

What no pictures?? Sounds good, I'll have to try it!

Becky Dietz said...

Sorry! Forgot the pictures. I was too busy eating....

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

Can't wait to try it

TheShermanFam said...

HA! That actually does sound good...thanks for the enabling!

Emily Suzanne said...

oh wow... I'm making these! My mouth is watering just reading this! :)