Monday, October 27, 2008

The Retreat

I was able to go to Cuchara this past weekend with the Dalhart women. What an unbelievable time. And God showed up! That's always so exciting, so fulfilling to me. It was wonderful to see so many of the women discover (or confirm) their temperaments and spiritual gifts. They are a very gifted group. We even discussed being prepared for the last days and talked about being vulnerable to one another and moving into deeper friendships. These women are sponges and are so much fun to be around. Thank you, Rachel, for planning such a great time! I LOVED being there!
When I got home, my repaired car was in my driveway! Woo-Hoo! My sweet husband had even taken it to the carwash. Andy told me that when he went to get the car out of the shop, the bill had been paid. My giving friends....I am blessed.
I had a busy day today which is good...because I came home and crashed! And I didn't even stay up all night at the retreat like most of those girls!
Good times.

3 comments:

As We Are said...

Looks like you gals had a great time! I sure loved your hat in the pictures.

Kara said...

Thank you Becky for being our speaker. It was awesome, as usual and I left feeling renewed spiritually. It was great and I'm glad you got some rest ;)

TheShermanFam said...

Glad you had a good time! Why don't we do something like that here more often??