Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New Motivation

Crises have a way of bringing us up short and making us realize and focus in on the important.  Our family had a crisis last night.   It was long distance for us (and oh how we wish we were there!), but it's still affecting us.  
First of all, we're so grateful to see God at work.  He's done so many amazing things to magnify Himself.  But it's also made me evaluate my life.  Do I tell people I love often enough that I love them?  Do I encourage others?  Do I point out what they're doing well?  Do I invest in their lives?  Do I demonstrate my love, God's love?
I want to refocus.  I want to do what God has called me to do.  That's one of the things God spoke to me about on this retreat---to quit doing what He's called others to do.  Do what He's called me to do!!  
Thank You, God, for this reminder to make my life count for more.  Thank You for Emily's life.  Help her through this night, Father.  Strengthen her and encourage her.  Sing to her through this night.  I love you, Daddy!!  In Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

And on that note, I hope YOU know how much you have meant to me!! Sorry to get all gushy on you, but you have influenced my life so much. I love how in so many ways, we are kindred spirits, and I am so VERY thankful that God has allowed me to have such a unique friendship with you--more like family I guess. You are like that really, really cool auntie that I never had--but I did have because of you. Thank you for loving me almost as much as you loved your own--well, maybe not quite that much, but thanks for investing in my life when I needed it most! I LOVE YOU!