Monday, October 6, 2008

It's been a bad day.

I got up this morning to go walking with Jodina at 8. We met at the park and had walked around it a couple of times and were about 1/4 of our way on the 3rd round when I slipped on a piece of wet bark (Thank you, God, for the rain!) and fell on my already sore knee. I just had to sit there a minute and keep from passing out. Hard fall. But I managed to get up and get to my car. I'll be ok.
Then I got to Living Water and discovered some wonderful soul left about a dozen boxes of clothes at my front door over the weekend----which were now soaking wet!!! (Thank you, God, for the rain!) Fortunately, Gib was still here and he began helping me get them to the dumpster. The boxes were falling apart as we tried to haul them. THEN as I got around the corner, I realized they'd FILLED UP my back door with more stuff---probably 25 boxes there! AAARRRGGGGHHH!!!!! So frustrating!! What? They didn't hear the weather report?? (Thank you, God, for the rain!) And the sad thing is....it was probably nice clothing. But there's not much we can do with soggy clothing.
I can only hope my day gets better....(Really, God, thank you for the rain!!)
***Update***
Sigh....I was afraid this would happen. Living Water has neighbors living in low-rent housing behind us. Some of them were watching as we loaded all these wet boxes in our dumpster. As I was leaving work, I looked down our alley and saw where they had dug through our dumpster and had strewn boxes, clothing and stuff everywhere. I just didn't even have the energy to deal with it and kept on going. Jason, I want to worship with my life every moment....it's just hard sometimes, you know?!?

2 comments:

TheShermanFam said...

Ohhh, Becky, I'm so sorry you had a bad day today. :(
I hope your knee is OK...
I know you know this, but He let these things happen to you for SOME reason...not sure what it was, but I pray you can shake it off and enjoy the rest of your evening!:)

Anonymous said...

I am sure tomorrow will be better! Maybe those people who made a mess by the dumpster really needed those clothes! Maybe it was God's plan to have them left there, rained on and put in the dumpster...who knows!!