Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Why?

Why did I devote a full month to Prophecies & Headlines? Because I believe all the signs point to Jesus coming soon. And I know that until about 2 months ago, I didn't understand what was really going on in our world. I heard/saw the pieces of the puzzle, but they made no sense to me. But Joel C. Rosenberg, an author who is also a Messianic Jew, shined the light on those puzzle pieces and suddenly it all made sense! And I assumed if I didn't really understand, there were others who didn't either.
For instance, did you know that the radical Muslims believe in almost identical prophecies that we do? They believe a large war is coming. They believe if they destroy the large Satan (United States) and the small Satan (Israel), they will hasten the coming of their messiah (the antichrist). So when the Taliban threatened to destroy Washington D.C. yesterday, it wasn't an idle threat! They seriously want to destroy us. They think they're doing their god a favor.
The fact that Netanyahu became the prime minister of Israel is significant. He understands the threat Iran presents to his nation. And we have to remember, it's all about Israel!! God will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel. And FoxNews said yesterday that some of the choices Netanyahu made yesterday over his appointments (of cabinet) could put him at odds with an Obama administration.
I'm not trumpeting these things to cause you to fear. I want to wake you up! I want you to be watching. I want you to be prepared for what is coming. I believe our nation is in trouble. The United States is not in the prophecies of the last days. Apparently, we are no longer a super power. What happens to us? Do we make an alliance against Israel? Do we self-destruct financially? Do we become a servant to our lenders? Are we in chaos because of terrorist attacks? The Bible doesn't spell it out.
But...God hasn't given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. And we have an opportunity to turn things around. II Chronicles 7:14 says, "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
My daughter-in-law emailed this verse to me last week:
"Let Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, be upon us, in proportion to our waiting and hoping for You." Psalm 33:22
How proportionately are you waiting and hoping in Him? Are you looking for Jesus' return? In Matthew 24, we're told to keep watch.
I know this is a scary subject to some. I heard that over and over as I posted this month. In fact, 3 days into this project, I encountered spiritual warfare that made me want to stop! So part of my posting was a test for me---to see if I was willing to be a watchman on the wall. I hope you'll start watching...and hoping! I really encourage you to read Epicenter by Joel C. Rosenberg.
There's a great reunion about to take place. Jesus is coming for his bride! I want to be a pure bride when he comes--with clean hands and a pure heart. I want to anticipate my bridegroom coming! I want to be more excited for this wedding than I was for my earthly wedding. I want to be watching because I can't wait to be with him. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!
And bless Jerusalem with peace!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It amazes me how things happen exactly as they are portrayed in the bible, yet there are still people who have not caught on. Hmmmm, do they really think it's coinsidence? I love your blogs on the end times. First, I know I'm not crazy, second it keeps me focused. It's not scary, it's exciting. Okay, a little nerve racking, but if all goes according to the pre-tribulation theory...AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

I am not trying to hurt feelings or step on toes or whatever. I am just saying what I think...and I think that I am just going to not let this stuff worry me. Because it used to. I have a lot of things to work out right now regarding the here and now. I don't watch news because I believe they blow things out of proportion and say what they want you to believe. So, I will try to do the best job I can to prepare for my Savior's return and not try to speculate when His return may come.