Friday, April 17, 2009

Amazed

Don't you just love it when God is teaching you something? And then one day, you look back and go, "OHHHH....this is what he's been leading me to!" That happened to me tonight.
Remember all of my blogs about approaching God (the King of kings) with protocol? Since then, I've had some amazing experiences, culminating tonight.
I was privileged to be at Jay & Amy's church for Easter. It was very moving. On their stage is an altar practicing the presence of God. As we took communion, we knelt before the altar, receiving the bread and wine. As a cross entered and left the church service, people bowed. I may not be describing it all the way Jay would describe it and I'm sure there are some things I totally missed just because I'm not used to protocol, but it was very significant to me and I was thrilled to be a part of it.
My own personal times with God have become more significant. I've practiced kneeling in God's presence. I've offered gifts before him. I've reverenced him and been in awe of him. It's changed my life.
But tonight.....Tonight was the a-ha moment when God showed me what he had been preparing me for. And I thought I was just going to a training meeting. Andy & I met at our church where the tabernacle had been erected. This is a replica of Moses' tabernacle. There really wasn't training involved. They just gave us headsets and sent us on our way to tour the tabernacle. The first thing we did was offer a sacrifice for our sins. We washed our hands in the laver. We lit oil lamps in the holy place. We took the bread and wine at the table of shewbread. We went to the altar of incense and took incense into the holy of holies. At each point, the meaning was all explained to us----and I GOT IT! I understood the protocol that brought us into the holy of holies where we were intimate with the God of the universe. It was amazing. And it took me back to a Greek Orthodox church we visited in Israel. They had all of the symbolism there. I'm so thankful I grew up learning about the tabernacle from my Mom in Good News Clubs. I understood the symbolism then. But tonight, I understood the protocol it represented. And I worshiped His Holiness as I walked through the tabernacle. I was in awe---and amazed.
If you live anywhere close to Borger, I highly recommend the experience.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Very cool!

Julie Simmons said...

how long will it be there?

Becky Dietz said...

It will be here until April 26.