Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm Through Dying....

You guys must think I'm crazy! Who wakes up in the morning with dying on their minds? But I just wanted you to know that I'm through...for now. I won't say forever, because I know God too well. If I said forever, there would be a new opportunity to crawl back up on the altar and do it again.
But I'm ready to LIVE! Praise God for resurrection Sunday!! He came that we might live---and do it abundantly. One of my precious friends gave me permission this morning. She quoted Ecclesiastes 9:7, "Go your way, eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a cheerful heart [if you are righteous, wise, and in the hands of God], for God has already accepted your works."
But it was so rewarding living yesterday as if it were my last. I learned that if I thought it were my last day, I would store up prayers in the golden bowl in heaven. That's eternal. I learned I would want family and friends to be reminded that I loved them. I learned that I would pour myself out to others. I asked God for opportunities to share my faith with those who needed him, but instead he sent believers to me who needed encouragement. Interesting! It's not what I want, but what he knows is needed. And I learned to keep my options open. Doors opened for me that I didn't expect and I was ready to go. I went to bed last night exhausted, but full. That's the kind of living I want to do every day!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Thank goodness that's over. Although I really loved your message yesterday, all that talk of death was kind of freaking me out. Glad you got it out of your system, and may we all remember to live each day like it's our last. Love you and have fun in FL!!!

Tammy said...

Becky, i love your comment to Tamra. So true! I am through dying too. I want to live and remember that I am living, not dying! I didn't really have a response to your blog yesterday. I understood where you were coming from, but felt like I just would have repeated myself from what my list was. hmmmmmm...... But for sure, knowing that I was at peace with my God and making sure my family all knew that I loved them are the two top ones. You have a blast on your trip. I bet your daughter and gkid's are counting the minutes till you land. :)

TheShermanFam said...

Good!!! :D