Sunday, December 14, 2008

Getting in a Hurry

I've done some dumb things recently just because I was in a hurry! No. 1 on the list would be when I jumped the rail by my driveway and not only ruined a tire, but did some serious damage to my car. The other morning, I was in a hurry to get to work and instead of scraping the windshield, I used the De-Ice spray that works for a few minutes but then begins fogging/freezing again. (I really didn't know this!) My windshield was freezing/fogging in the 8 1/2 blocks it takes me to get to work. Six blocks into my trip, I realized that I couldn't see and "sensed" that I was driving next to a parked car. My estimation (because I really couldn't see!) is that I was 1 inch away from this parked car! YIKES!! I stopped and sprayed immediately. Oh man! And I praised God the rest of the way to work that He prevented a major scraping accident.
About a month ago, I was applying Revlon ColorSilk #42 Medium Auburn to my hair (because it's $2.99/box) and got in a hurry. I had to get to church! Don't do that. I can only tell you I resembled a red headed skunk...and I never made it to church as a result...and had to spend another $2.99! (I can only imagine what the people at Wal-Mart thought!!)
I was in a hurry backing out of a parking space at Wal-Mart this week (not the same hair color trip)--and apparently, so were about 3 other people! We all met in the middle. Fortunately for all of us, we saw our predicament before we collided. I can't tell you how many times God has saved me from myself! (I didn't realize so many of my mishaps involve a car!)
The worst thing that happens is when I overlook the contributions of others because I'm in a hurry. So many people give of their time and money for others and I don't want to forget to be thankful because I'm rushed. I've got to learn to slow down. Why am I in such a hurry?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have a lot of people relating to you on this one! For instance, last Friday (after coming in late the night before from a Christmas party) I took half a day off from work to return something and do some Christmas shopping in Amarillo. First of all I almost forgot to go by the bank to pick up the return! Then on my way I got a phone call and ended up in front of the grocery store instead of the bank! That is only the tip of the iceburg of a really crazy day, I think you get the idea!

Fortunately I was able to 'be thankful in all circumstances' and didn't become too frustrated!

I'm glad the Lord protected you also from your near misses!

Lindsey said...

Why do you think I had a wreck recently??? Because I was in a hurry!