Thursday, December 4, 2008

Flowers by Your Bed

Have you heard the reports that having flowers by your bed cause you to have sweeter dreams? Jodina told me. She said that not only do they bring life to your bedroom, our dreams are tied to our olfactory sense and smelling something so sweet will cause us to have sweet dreams.


This isn't the first time I've bought flowers for my bedroom. I did it as soon as Jodina told me this. I've never been a big flower person---I hate spending money on something that isn't going to last very long. I'm too practical. But...that is all changing.


I have tested this theory and found it to be totally true! Not only are my flowers pretty, they have improved our dreams!
Just last night, Andy dreamed that we were best friends with Barack and Michelle Obama and we were at Stanley Cummings' house visiting them. It just doesn't get sweeter than that!
(I wish all of you knew Stanley---he's a great guy!)

3 comments:

amy wright said...

I'll have to try that out. It would probably help me keep my nightstand much less cluttered. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I hardly ever remember what I dream...maybe I will try the flower thing and see if I can actually remember what I dream!

Lindsey said...

Is there a certain kind of flower that makes you sleep better? I haven't slept very good lately. That's pretty interesting!