Monday, December 15, 2008

Candy Ornaments

You girls and your projects are contagious! Yesterday, I was watching The Neely's on Food Network and saw them making these. Actually, they were making ornaments. I skipped the step of making a hole in them to hang them. I actually wanted some candy to put in these cute candy dishes I bought for our staff. You start with a bag of Jolly Ranchers or any hard candy.


I sorted them so I could grab the colors I wanted easily.

The Neely's used metal cookie cutters. I couldn't find any, but found this pan at Wal-Mart with these cute Christmas shapes. I put 3 Jolly Ranchers in each design. (I worked and worked to turn a couple of these pictures and it never worked!) You bake them for 6 minutes at 350*.


They were a little hard to get out of my pan. I broke a few while getting the hang of it. But they turned out really cute! They looked like stained glass.


This is just one of the cute dishes I found. There are several different designs. I'll fill them fuller, but just wanted you to be able to see the plate. Cute! It was fun. Kids would love making them! (Warning: Dentists hate Jolly Ranchers!)

6 comments:

amy wright said...

Mom! I am so impressed!! You'll have to tell me how you finally figured out how to get the candy out of the pans. I know that the boys would love to make these.

Becky Dietz said...

Wait for the candy to cool...but while it's still a little warm, I used a knife and chipped down at the flat end of the ornament while holding my hand over the ornament so it didn't jump out of the pan and break. It pops out! But it won't just pop out when you turn the pan over and bang on it---even with a hammer. I tried that. ha!

Lindsey said...

Very impressive! I think Ryan would probably love to make these... And I won't let him eat them! ha!

TheShermanFam said...

WOW! They look so cute!!

OuR LiTtLe SmArTiEs said...

Wow I'm impressed I will have to make some of these!

Anonymous said...

Impressive!!