Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Deacon/Widow Banquet

Kaye Smith

I just had to share my friend's idea for decorations for the Deacon/Widow Christmas Banquet at our church. (This is my friend, Kaye Smith!) She got different sized glass blocks and tied ribbon and bows on each of them. She arranged them together in the center of the table and put some battery-operated LED lights in the middle of them. She put silver beads and little tea lights around them. Some of the LED lights were white and some were multi-colored. She had also found holiday ceramic bread dishes that she baked strawberry bread in and then tied them up in red cellophane paper--which were gifts for the widows. I thought the effect was stunning! I wish you could have heard everyone raving about them. It was really special---and something she dreamed up all on her own. I was really proud of her!


6 comments:

TheShermanFam said...

WOW! That looks awesome!!
Tell Kaye she did an excellent job!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh...that is so cute!! Wish I was that creative!!

Sandra said...

Wow! Good job, Kay! How many widows did she have to bake for?? Sounds like a lot of work!

Becky Dietz said...

She baked 36 of those breads! And I was such a bad friend---I'd offered to help and forgot she was doing it when it came time to do it.

Lindsey said...

Good job, Kaye! Really cute!

amy wright said...

I love this. Do you think that Kaye might join our blog world? :)