Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Party # 4 and counting....

Wheweee! Party #4. It's a marathon! But tonight was sweet. We had our ESL Christmas Party and it's worth going to! We have mostly Spanish-speaking friends in our ESL class and can they COOK! WOW! You would have loved it if you like authentic Mexican food. Amazing! I don't even want to learn how to make their foods---I know I'd never match what they can do and know it is hard work. We had a feast! The funny thing is that I took a good ol' box of fried chicken from United and the kids cleaned it out! ha!
Tomorrow night is party # 5. We're taking our senior adults to the Christmas program at Hillside Church in Amarillo. I'm hoping we leave early enough to eat at Cracker Barrel before the program! ha! (I know, I know...I have CB on the brain now.) I love the fact that Andy is not only our missions & evangelism minister, but also our senior adult minister now. These people know how to cut loose and have fun---and they like to eat at places like CB---even if it is only 3 in the afternoon! ha!
I have taken my daughter's advice to heart: I made up my mind to just have fun at all these parties.
Last night, at church supper, I asked our 3 ministers (including my husband) sitting at our table if we were having a staff Christmas party. They all three said "YES!" in unison. I warily looked at them and hesitantly asked, "Is it at my house?" They all died laughing. No...this year, it's at the Cox's. Yep, last year, I was told 2 days before that 25 people would be at my house for a party! (So I've learned to ask ahead of time) Thank you, Cox's!! I think I"ll enjoy...let's see...that should be Christmas party # 7.

1 comment:

TheShermanFam said...

We are on party #5 tonight, too. Or somewhere around there. I've lost count now!!!
I, too, can't wait to see what new things come about at LW. It was already awesome and it's hard to imagine it getting better!!
Sorry you had to run off yesterday...Bryson has bronchitis, borderline pneumonia. :(