Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ride Home

Amy and the 3 kids picked me up at the airport. We were all so excited to see one another. As Amy loaded my suitcase into the van, the boys were already asking if I would sit between their car seats on the 40 minute ride to their house. How could I resist such an offer?? And this is the way the conversation went after the preliminaries (mostly of Isaac sniffing me--I have to smell like Gee in order for me to be authentic):

Isaac: Gee, do ladies have beards?
Me: (A little paranoid, I must admit) Why? Do I have a beard?
Isaac: (Reaching up and touching my sideburns--from my haircut) You have these. Are you getting a beard?
Me: (After much laughter) I guess I am growing a beard.

Next conversation after telling the boys I was going to have to put books on their heads so they'd quit growing.
Me: Boys, when you get big like your daddy, will you take care of Gee?
Josiah: YES!!
Isaac: You'll be DEAD, Gee!
Amy & I fall out laughing.
Isaac: REALLY, Gee. You'll be dead!
Me: But Granny & Mama aren't dead and Buff is big and I'm big. (It's not computing)
Isaac: Gee, you'll be DEAD! I'm serious!
Me: Are you a prophet?
Isaac & Josiah: *singing loudly* Jonah was a prophet.....And away they go into the VeggieTales song.

Josiah: Gee, we have a surprise for you in your room.
Me: Really?? For ME??
Isaac: You know the room you stay in, Gee?
Me: YES! I like that room.
Josiah: We put pictures in your room.
Isaac: Yeah! And we hung stuff all over your room.
Josiah: And we gave you MONEY! It's by your bed.
So much for the surprise. But the telling was even better...well, it was equally as good. Pictures to follow of this amazing surprise!

After we got home, Isaac presented me with our schedule. He only had one hour scheduled so far for our week.
7:00 Isaac & Josiah and Gee wake up and watch Little House on the Prairie
7:30 Eat breakfast
8:00 Olivia wakes up
So far, we're perfectly on schedule.

5 comments:

In Christs Love, Cindy said...

Becky;
It is so amazing to see the sprouts from the seeds that are planted. Have a blessed week with then grandbabies.
Love Cindy B

Lindsey said...

That is hilarious! I'm not even going to say "I hope you're having fun" because I know you are! We will miss you tomorrow.

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

Fun stuff. Can't wait to see some pictures.

David Dietz said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's freakin funny.

TheShermanFam said...

I was gonna say something about the beard on Sunday, but didn't want to hurt your feelings...HA! Kidding, kidding...
But seriously, that made me laugh...a lot!