Monday, January 18, 2010

My dream

Before I fell asleep last night, I was reading a book. This book was bothering me. It was written by a young pastor whom I'd never heard of. The message was good but his attitude behind it was bothering me. So before I fell asleep, I asked God to show me what was wrong--what was missing?

At 3:45, I awoke from a vivid dream! In this dream, I was young and single. I was working for a young man who was quite handsome. It was the end of the year and my "boss" sent a group of women to me to tell me to come to him. He wanted to give me a gift. So I went to him. He presented me with a wonderful gift---in front of a huge crowd. I can't for the life of me remember what the gift was, but I just remember that it met a specific need/want in my life---and no one should have had a way of knowing what it was. I was astounded. And happy---oh, so happy! As I received the gift, gauzy fabric blew all around me and beads were placed over my head. (Not by anyone, it was just the whole atmosphere.) He told me it wasn't the last gift. He took me from gift to gift and each had the same effect. At the end, he brought me to a treasure box and I knew--I just knew--that it was a proposal. And in fact, it was! I was ecstatic!! He also honored another woman who had helped him get started in the business. She was a good friend and was witness to all that had taken place with me. I remember there was no jealousy among us as we were honored.

When I awoke, I knew. I looked at the clock and saw it was 3:45 a.m. I smiled and said, "That was you, God, wasn't it?" But I also knew the answer to the question about the book. LOVE! There was no love behind the words. It left the book clanging in my heart.

No comments: