Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mom & Dad are GONE!!

As of about 8:40 Wednesday morning....MOM & DAD ARE GONE! Woo-Hoo! I made the mistake of getting up at 7 to take a shower (next to Olivia's room), thinking I'd be ready to start my morning ahead of the kids. Duh! I woke the kids up! But we got mom and dad out of here and started the fun.



Last night, Isaac made a menu for the week. It was Josiah's prerogative to eliminate anything he didn't like. We scrapped spaghetti and taco soup. He kept the grilled cheese but declined the tomato soup. I bet you wish you were here!


Isn't she beautiful? I was right---she has lost weight! And I got to try the Pioneer Woman's pizza---basil and tomato. Yumm!


Daddy got to put Livie to bed last night.


And Mommy read to the boys.


And then I got to home school the boys this morning. Pretty big words for a 6-year-old! Oops! I see a mistake I didn't catch this morning.


And this is what Olivia did while we had school.


So we went to Target for a treat and bought new coloring books. It has kept them busy for an hour so far!
And speaking of big words for a little boy...this is what Josiah (4 years old), read to me this morning:

The Other Side of the Lake
A bug sat and sat on the shore of a lake. He did not have a car to take him to the other side. Then a big eagle came and sat down on the shore. The eagle said, "You are sitting on the shore and you are sad." The bug said, "Yes. I am sad. I need to get to the other side of the lake. I will give you a dime." The eagle said, "Yes. Give me a dime and I will take you to the other side." So the bug gave the eagle a dime and got on the eagle. They went over the lake to the other side. The end.

Olivia's almost ready for a nap and the boys don't take a nap on MWF. (Funny!) So we're watching a movie and coloring--instead of a nap. Oh! And the boys got to choose where to eat out one meal. So tonight, it's McDonald's and Maggie Moo's for ice cream. We've already decided on flavors....

8 comments:

Emily Suzanne said...

Wow! You guys are having fun!! I want to be there :)

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love reading your blog! Too bad you're going to miss our snow though I think I'd rather be in Florida. :)

Becky Dietz said...

And I LOVE snow!!! I hate missing it---but it's worth it.

Lindsey said...

Amy looks fabulous! Her hair is SO cute! I'm very impressed that you homeschooled this morning. Have fun eating hot dogs and fish sticks!

Becky Dietz said...

I think I need to give up teaching. I found 2 mistakes on Isaac's board that I didn't catch this morning!! LOL! I think it's fish sticks tomorrow night. My kids loved those things!!

Rachel said...

Amy does look fabulous, but really when has she not. You are doing a great job I'm sure the dean of Wright Academy will excuse a few mis-spelled words. Be careful though your contract might not go up for renewal. Have a great time, savor some Maggie Moos for me. My favorite is cake batter with hot fudge and peanut butter. YUMMY!

Amy said...

I'm so glad you are blogging so that I can see my kiddos. And thanks for teaching! I bet they are enjoying having a substitute.

Becky Dietz said...

Actually, all I needed to do was turn Isaac loose! He knows the ropes.