Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday

Thursday started early at the Wright house. I felt a little hand tap me on the shoulder when it wasn't even light yet. Ha! So I talked Isaac into climbing into bed with me and waiting til someone else woke up. I commended him on not waking his brother up (hope that helps for tomorrow!) when he got up.


We had a big day. We had school, had a treasure hunt, went to Wal-Mart, ate lunch at Chick Fil-A where we met some other staff kids with their grandmother (parents are at the same conference.) This was Isaac's big purchase at Wal-Mart today--a Star Wars figure.




Here are 3 cutie pies watching Little House on the Prairie. I bought Season 1 for all of my grandkids for Christmas. I highly recommend them. Grandkids from 2-10 have all loved them. We particularly have laughed and laughed over Mr. Edwards. The kids love that character---and I love that they GET it!



We went to Wal-Mart to get a few things. Guess who took the longest to decide on a purchase? This little girl right here. She wanted something PINK. It had to be pink. We looked at pink babies, pink dishes, pink monkey's and fish. But she knew it when she saw it---a pink backpack! And just her size.



Nope. Not the light saber. The little Star Wars figure in his other hand is what this Jedi chose. Dinner tonight included hot dogs with Animal Crackers for dessert. Ha!




I had to include this photo for Aunt La-La. (Yes, we all have strange names) She made O's name to match her Owl bedding. It's a perfect match! Amy was so excited. Well, actually, everyone was excited--including the boys! I'm sure you'll be hearing from Amy when she gets home. VERY cute!! I know you can't tell, but each letter is decoupaged with different paper--including owl paper.
I've loved hearing about the snow at home and I'm sorry I'm missing it! (SERIOUSLY!) But you can't beat flip-flops and grandkids! Hope my Amarillo grandkids are having fun building snowmen. We want pictures, too!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Aw, Olivia loves backpacks. She looks so grown-up in these pictures. I hope the boys sleep in for you tomorrow.
YES! I LOVE OLIVIA'S LETTERS!!!! Thank you so much, Linds. I'm still going to call you.

Unknown said...

We have strange names too!!!

I am "tia chicha"
Sylvia is "tia noni"
Other sister is "tia lala"
Other sister is "tia mimi"
Other sister is "tia merci"

Lindsey said...

Yay! I'm so glad the letters are perfect! I secretly love them too and really wish Addilyn had that bedding. This set of Amarillo grandkids has not played in the snow yet, but I don't think they're going to let me hold out much longer. Maybe this afternoon...